Prayers going into 2019
1. Thanksgiving for Blessings of 2018
-perseverance in waiting for permits,
-for the start of the building of our new ministry facilities
-for 52 Sunday’s to worship together, for faithful service of many; for special times of worship with Easter weekend and the Christmas Season.
-for increase in new people and babies joining our fellowship
-for growth in faith and giving; seeing how God was with us in joys and in trials; the comfort received when loved ones suffered or passed on to Glory.
-for drawing closer to each other and making room for new people.
2. Hope for 2019
-pray for Pastor Rick, his leadership and his family as we journey ahead. For boldness to follow God’s leading and proclaiming His word; for renewed and strengthening experiences of His love and provision as he comes along side and offers wisdom, leadership and encouragement.
-pray for council and the work for the year ahead, that they would be led by the Spirit of God. Pray for wisdom and discernment in all decisions and pray for a close walk with the Lord in their day to day work and play.
-pray for God to lead us into this new year; for trusting Him whole heartedly and drawing closer to Him; intentionally making new time for devotions/quiet time, worship, small group, reading His word, prayer, service and simplicity.
-pray for dedicated volunteering and giving; protection and progress in the building project.
-pray for continued growth in hearts walking close to God and encouragement thru worship times, children/youth ministry and leadership guidance. May God help us with enfolding each to be part of the whole. May our families, singles and marriages thrive under God’s love and protection.
- Pray that we will continue in this transition time to grow deeper with the Lord, make room in our lives for more people/ministry, to enfold those around us already, to be faithful in service trusting God to supply what’s needed and to lead us in the way He wants us to go. He is preparing good works for us to do, may we see and do what He calls us too.
3. Prayer for Immediate Concerns:
- peace and strength for those coming alongside their elderly parents. Special comfort for the Stassen’s and the Harber’s who’s Fathers have passed on to Glory recently.
- those undergoing treatments for cancer: Sherry, Charley, Pieter H, Michelle (daughter of the Harkema’s) and others.
-those struggling with health concerns, depression, aging, anxiety, discouragement etc. (Anna K, Kim V, Keith N, Peter J (waiting for knee replacement surgery), Glen G, Kim O, and others)
-for comfort and strength for our older members: Hans and Finy Bleeker (snowbirds) Henk and Hiske Bruggink, Pieter and Mieke Harkema, Peter and Val Jones, Elise Keeler, Keith and Linda Nesbitt, Vinay Sarin, Eddy VanEssen,
- for our many young children and healthy families; school experiences; friendships etc.
-may we seek God’s wisdom this 2019 for our decisions, plans and hopes to line up with His plans for us.